Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Birthday America



I had a ton of fun creating a 4th of July Card this week!!
My goal was to push myself to think outside of the box and use the supplies I had in unexpected ways to create a 4th of July card...


I am thrilled with how it turned out, 
what do you think? Don't you LOVE it!?








The Show Stopper for this card is how I used one of my FAVORITE thinlets out of the new catalog, the Happy Birthday Thinlet...

I just love this thinlet because it's a great sized sentiment that fills a card front nicely and I adore the pretty swirly handwriting font.. It is just so my style!!!  πŸ˜



Here are a few Tips & Tricks I used in creating this Festive Card 😊

πŸ˜€ I started out by cutting the Happy away from the Birthday portion of my thinlet cut out. Then I cut the "th" out from the Birthday. Next when assembling my layers, I stumbled on this happy accident... After I had layered the Happy in real red card stock onto night of navy I found it lacked the sparkle I needed.  Then I remembered I had some red glimmer paper πŸ’• So in the end my sentiment has 3 layers but I love it because it looks like one of those "thickers" stickers because of all that dimension.


Sometimes I just can't help myself so I also added wink of Stella to my entire background piece of Night of Navy card stock (It just looked too underdressed without any glitter πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚)  It's so fun to get creative and make your own background paper even when it's something so simple like adding a little glitter. 😊


Lastly I have one of my favorite tips because I love getting as much bang for my buck and waisting as little of my precious paper as possible. πŸ˜ƒ 

Being that no one is going to see the middle of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper layer, I used the center area for my cut out pieces which I then used on the front of my card.... #FRUGALISTA πŸ˜‰

Here's a close up view of this card in all of its glittery goodness.... 
I just wish you could see it in person because then you would really be able to appreciate it's sparkle and shine!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope to see you here again soon!

Creative Blessings,
Michelle😍


List of Products Used


Shop with me online anytime!!!!
Don't forget, for every $50 spent from now until 7/31/17
You will receive a $5  coupon to use anytime August 1- 31, 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Stamping Fun with a Sponged Brayer Background

Hello my Creative Friends! Today I am sharing this Beautiful Card featuring a Brayered Evening Sky Background that I created live...